There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Ohio receive sports medicine degrees every year. That means an estimated 243 sports medicine professionals graduate from Ohio's 26 sports medicine schools each year.
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Columbus. 16 students graduated with a degree in sports medicine from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a sports medicine program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 28 students from its sports medicine program. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
Xavier University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Cincinnati. 8 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Xavier University in 2010. The tuition rate at Xavier University was $29,970 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's sports medicine schools ranges from $33,099 per year to $2,570 per year. But, the average tuition is $18,717 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio sports medicine schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Capital University - located in Columbus, students are charged $29,310 per year
The sports medicine schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $5,069 per year
- Shawnee State University - located in Portsmouth, students are charged $6,546 per year
A sports medicine degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in Ohio pursue include sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. If you decide to work as a sports medicine professional in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 38,650 Ohio sports medicine professional as of 2010. This number includes 12,950 sports medicine physicians, 840 sports medicine coordinator s, and 5,500 physical therapy professors. In Ohio, the largest numbers of sports medicine professional work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 6,950 sports medicine professionals
- Cuyahoga County - 6,820 sports medicine professionals
- Delaware County - 5,760 sports medicine professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 26,990 sports medicine professionals will be working in Ohio. This would require the number of sports medicine professional to grow by 26%.
On average, sports medicine professionals earn $78,533 per year. But, salaries for sports medicine professional can vary. In 2010, sports medicine professional made as little as less than $15,530 per year or as much as more than $162,750 per year in Ohio. On average sports medicine professional earn the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Erie County - $210,630 per year
- Coshocton County - $115,867 per year
- Jefferson County - $107,703 per year
Sports medicine professionals in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Carroll County - $55,284 per year
- Allen County - $60,670 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $71,818 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $191,010 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $77,680 per year
- Physical Therapist - $76,630 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Ohio were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $44,390 per year
- Coach - $29,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Ohio
- Certificate in Sports Medicine in Ohio
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||12,950||$191,010||2.8%|
|Coaches and Scouts||7,630||$29,170||23.7%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||5,500||$77,680||-12.7%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||4,890||$52,320||6.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Ohio