There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a veterinary technician program is Otterbein University, which is located in Westerville. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in veterinary technician from Otterbein University in 2010. Students at Otterbein University paid $28,413 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a veterinary technician program is Northcoast Medical Training Academy, which is located in Kent. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Northcoast Medical Training Academy veterinary technician program. Northcoast Medical Training Academy charged in-state students $12,595 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a veterinary technician program is Bradford School, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 90 students graduated from Bradford School veterinary technician program. Students at Bradford School paid $13,560 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio veterinary technician school, average tuition will be $9,736 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,537 per year to $28,413 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio veterinary technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Otterbein University - located in Westerville, students are charged $28,413 per year
- Bradford School - located in Columbus, students are charged $13,560 per year
- Northcoast Medical Training Academy - located in Kent, students are charged $12,595 per year
The following Ohio veterinary technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Kent State University at Tuscarawas - located in New Philadelphia, students are charged $5,110 per year
A veterinary technician degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary technician school in Ohio go on to work as a veterinary technician. If you decide to work as a veterinary technician in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,320 Ohio veterinary technicians as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of veterinary technicians work in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 740 veterinary technicians
- Dearborn County - 430 veterinary technicians
- Cuyahoga County - 230 veterinary technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of veterinary technicians is expected to grow by 28% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,530 veterinary technicians working in the Ohio then.
On average, veterinary technicians earn $29,700 per year. But, salaries for veterinary technicians can vary. In 2010, veterinary technicians made as little as less than $16,120 per year or as much as more than $68,830 per year in Ohio. On average a veterinary technician earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Ashland County - $36,010 per year
- Portage County - $31,670 per year
- Greene County - $30,960 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for veterinary technicians are:
- Coshocton County - $23,500 per year
- Mahoning County - $27,080 per year
- Auglaize County - $27,390 per year
For more data regarding a career in veterinary technology in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Ohio
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology in Ohio
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||2,320||$29,700||34.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in Ohio