There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Ohio receive visual communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,073 visual communications professionals graduate from Ohio's 50 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a visual communications program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Ohio State University-Main Campus' visual communications program. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
Oberlin College, which is located in Oberlin, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Oberlin College visual communications program. Tuition at Oberlin College was $41,577 per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a visual communications program. It is located in Athens. 52 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Ohio University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,603 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio visual communications school, average tuition will be $15,485 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $41,577 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oberlin College - located in Oberlin, students are charged $41,577 per year
- Denison University - located in Granville, students are charged $38,220 per year
- Wittenberg University - located in Springfield, students are charged $35,424 per year
The visual communications schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
A visual communications degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in Ohio pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. 9,360 visual communications professionals were working in Ohio in 2010. Of these, 7,760 were graphic designers. In addition, 330 were video editors, and 1,050 were audio visual technicians. In Ohio, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 2,290 visual communications professionals
- Dearborn County - 2,160 visual communications professionals
- Cuyahoga County - 1,900 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,100 visual communications professionals working in Ohio then. Of these 13,100 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 11,090 will be graphic designers, 360 will be video editors, and 1,070 will be audio visual technicians.
visual communications professionals in Ohio make an average of $43,413 per year. But, salaries for visual communications professional can vary. In 2010, visual communications professional made as little as less than $15,740 per year or as much as more than $86,510 per year in Ohio. Visual communications professionals in the following Ohio counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Portage County - $48,180 per year
- Dearborn County - $46,558 per year
- Delaware County - $46,303 per year
On average, visual communications professionals earn the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Adams County - $28,770 per year
- Allen County - $31,310 per year
- Mahoning County - $32,920 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Artist - $46,690 per year
- Graphic Designer - $42,940 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $42,050 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $42,050 per year
- Video Editor - $41,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in visual communications in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in Ohio
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Ohio
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,050||$42,050||61.5%|
|Film and Video Editors||330||$41,970||-2.9%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||220||$46,690||-4.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Ohio