There are schools offering accounting degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Oklahoma
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma with a accounting program is Oklahoma City University, which is located in Oklahoma City. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 25 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Oklahoma City University in 2010. Students at Oklahoma City University paid $25,760 per year in tuition fees.
Oklahoma Christian University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a accounting program. It is located in Edmond. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Oklahoma Christian University accounting program. The tuition rate at Oklahoma Christian University was $17,456 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a accounting program is Saint Gregorys University, which is located in Shawnee. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. In 2010, Saint Gregorys University graduated 0 students from its accounting programs. Saint Gregorys University charged in-state students $17,516 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Oklahoma accounting school, average tuition will be $6,947 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,400 per year to $28,735 per year. The Oklahoma accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oklahoma City University - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $25,760 per year
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
The accounting schools in Oklahoma that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Oklahoma City Community College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,659 per year
An accounting degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
A large number of Oklahoma accounting graduates become accountants. Oklahoma had 13,700 accountants in 2010. The Oklahoma counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Creek County - 5,070 accountants
- Canadian County - 5,040 accountants
- Atoka County - 940 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in Oklahoma will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 21,170 accountants working in Oklahoma.
An accountant in Oklahoma makes an average of $55,870 per year. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $27,250 to $90,700 per year in 2010. An accountant in the following Oklahoma counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Canadian County - $60,530 per year
- Creek County - $55,780 per year
- Beckham County - $54,800 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Oklahoma make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cherokee County - $44,770 per year
- Adair County - $50,060 per year
- Comanche County - $50,370 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Accounting in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||31,330||$28,860||37.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||13,700||$55,870||5.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,280||$29,050||-21.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,000||$31,900||3.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Oklahoma