There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Oklahoma
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Oklahoma receive administrative assisting certificates every year. Thus, Oklahoma's 45 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 367 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma with a administrative assistant program is Indian Capital Technology Center-Muskogee, which is located in Muskogee. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 4 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Indian Capital Technology Center-Muskogee in 2010.
Northwest Technology Center-Fairview, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Fairview. 2 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Northwest Technology Center-Fairview in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a administrative assistant program is Indian Capital Technology Center-Stilwell, which is located in Stilwell. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Indian Capital Technology Center-Stilwell graduated 19 students from its administrative assistant programs. The tuition rate at Indian Capital Technology Center-Stilwell was $0 per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's administrative assistant schools ranges from $18,608 per year to $2,216 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,014 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- Southern Nazarene University - located in Bethany, students are charged $18,354 per year
- Career Point College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $14,492 per year
The following Oklahoma administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Carl Albert State College - located in Poteau, students are charged $2,216 per year
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Northern Oklahoma College - located in Tonkawa, students are charged $2,526 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Oklahoma go on to work as an administrative assistant. Oklahoma had 12,200 administrative assistants in 2010. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 5,280 administrative assistants
- Creek County - 3,430 administrative assistants
- Atoka County - 1,160 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Oklahoma will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 17,590 administrative assistants working in Oklahoma.
An administrative assistant in Oklahoma earns $36,840 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $21,100 to $54,830 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Canadian County - $38,780 per year
- Creek County - $37,080 per year
- Beckham County - $34,660 per year
The Oklahoma counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Comanche County - $33,160 per year
- Adair County - $33,260 per year
- Atoka County - $33,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||35,860||$23,080||-1.9%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||24,090||$26,470||7.0%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||12,200||$36,840||-29.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Oklahoma