There are schools offering biochemistry courses in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Biochemistry Programs in Oklahoma
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a biochemistry program is Oklahoma Christian University. Oklahoma Christian University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Edmond. 2 students graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Oklahoma Christian University in 2010. Students at Oklahoma Christian University paid $17,456 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a biochemistry program is University of Oklahoma Norman Campus. University of Oklahoma Norman Campus, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Norman. In 2010, 31 students graduated from University of Oklahoma Norman Campus biochemistry program. Tuition at University of Oklahoma Norman Campus was $7,864 per year.
Oklahoma State University-Main Campus, which is located in Stillwater, is the third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a biochemistry program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Oklahoma State University-Main Campus graduated 53 students from its biochemistry programs. The tuition rate at Oklahoma State University-Main Campus was $6,779 per year.
If you choose to attend a Oklahoma biochemistry school, average tuition will be $14,731 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,779 per year to $28,735 per year. In 2010, the following Oklahoma biochemistry schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
The following Oklahoma biochemistry schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oklahoma State University-Main Campus - located in Stillwater, students are charged $6,779 per year
- University of Oklahoma Norman Campus - located in Norman, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Oklahoma Christian University - located in Edmond, students are charged $17,456 per year
A biochemistry degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
A large number of Oklahoma biochemistry graduates become biochemists. If you decide to work as a biochemist in Oklahoma, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60 Oklahoma biochemists as of 2010. The largest populations of Oklahoma biochemists are working in the following counties:
On average, a biochemist earns a salary of $52,090 per year in Oklahoma state.
For more data regarding a career in biochemistry in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as biology or chemistry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry in Oklahoma
- Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Biochemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||1,150||$79,680||51.3%|
|Biochemists and Biophysicists||60||$52,090||-40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biochemistry related jobs in Oklahoma