There are schools offering computer programming courses in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Oklahoma
Around 0.1% of Oklahoma's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. Thus, Oklahoma's 11 computer programming schools put out approximately 75 computer programmers each year.
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a computer programming program is Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus. Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Tulsa. In 2010, Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus graduated 11 students from its computer programming program.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a computer programming program is Moore Norman Technology Center. Moore Norman Technology Center, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Norman. 3 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Moore Norman Technology Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a computer programming program is Canadian Valley Technology Center, which is located in El Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. Canadian Valley Technology Center charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oklahoma's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,141 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,400 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Tulsa Campus - located in Tulsa, students are charged $10,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oklahoma computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Rose State College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,660 per year
A computer programming degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a computer programmer. In 2010, there were 2,670 computer programmers working in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 1,090 computer programmers
- Creek County - 870 computer programmers
- Atoka County - 150 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,450 computer programmers will be working in Oklahoma state. This would require the number of computer programmers to shrink by -8%.
A computer programmer in Oklahoma makes an average of $59,830 per year. A computer programmer in the following Oklahoma counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Comanche County - $69,880 per year
- Creek County - $63,670 per year
- Beckham County - $59,020 per year
The following counties in Oklahoma have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Cherokee County - $46,900 per year
- Adair County - $47,280 per year
- Canadian County - $58,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||130||$55,050||62.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Oklahoma