There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Oklahoma
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of Oklahoma receive early childhood education degrees every year. Thus, Oklahoma's 31 early childhood education schools put out approximately 598 early childhood education professionals each year.
Oklahoma City University, which is located in Oklahoma City, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Oklahoma City University graduated 9 students from its early childhood education program. Students at Oklahoma City University paid $25,760 per year in tuition fees.
Oklahoma Christian University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Edmond. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Oklahoma Christian University early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Oklahoma Christian University was $17,456 per year.
Saint Gregorys University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Shawnee. 0 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Saint Gregorys University in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Gregorys University was $17,516 per year.
Early childhood education schools in Oklahoma, charge students an average tuition of $8,522 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $28,735 per year, or as little as $2,091 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oklahoma early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oklahoma City University - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $25,760 per year
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
The early childhood education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- Connors State College - located in Warner, students are charged $2,091 per year
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Many Oklahoma early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 25,770 early childhood education professionals were working in Oklahoma in 2010. Of these, 4,160 were preschool teachers. In addition, 2,290 were kindergarten teachers, and 18,570 were elementary school teachers. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of early childhood education professional work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 8,120 early childhood education professionals
- Creek County - 6,580 early childhood education professionals
- Atoka County - 3,430 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Oklahoma will grow to 30,540. This would require a 12% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Oklahoma make an average of $37,318 per year. However, Oklahoma early childhood education professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,100 per year to more than $81,500 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for early childhood education professionals:
- Atoka County - $41,233 per year
- Creek County - $40,135 per year
- Comanche County - $36,277 per year
On average, early childhood education professionals earn the least in the following Oklahoma counties:
- Cherokee County - $34,728 per year
- Adair County - $34,858 per year
- Beckham County - $35,268 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Oklahoma were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $42,450 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,260 per year
- Preschool Director - $39,250 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Oklahoma were:
- Preschool Director - $39,250 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $27,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||18,570||$42,450||2.4%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||4,160||$27,310||-37.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,290||$40,260||0.9%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||750||$39,250||2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Oklahoma