There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Oklahoma
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Oklahoma students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. That means an estimated 75 electrical engineers graduate from Oklahoma's 12 electrical engineering schools each year.
Oklahoma State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Stillwater. 17 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Oklahoma State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Oklahoma State University-Main Campus was $6,779 per year.
Autry Technology Center, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Enid.
Northeast Technology Center-Pryor, which is located in Pryor, is the third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Northeast Technology Center-Pryor electrical engineering program. Northeast Technology Center-Pryor charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's electrical engineering schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,400 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,377 per year. In 2010, the electrical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Main Campus - located in Stillwater, students are charged $6,779 per year
The electrical engineering schools in Oklahoma that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Northern Oklahoma College - located in Tonkawa, students are charged $2,526 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrical engineering graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as an electrical engineer. In 2010, there were 1,460 electrical engineers working in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of electrical engineers work in the following counties:
- Creek County - 690 electrical engineers
- Canadian County - 540 electrical engineers
- Adair County - 90 electrical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electrical engineers in the state of Oklahoma will grow to 1,640. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
An electrical engineer in Oklahoma earns $76,830 per year on average. However, Oklahoma electrical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,680 per year to more than $135,320 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Canadian County - $83,510 per year
- Adair County - $76,200 per year
- Cherokee County - $72,530 per year
The Oklahoma counties with the lowest average salary for electrical engineers are:
- Atoka County - $60,200 per year
- Creek County - $72,260 per year
- Cherokee County - $72,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrical engineering in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,790||$55,600||-1.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Oklahoma