There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Oklahoma
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Oklahoma graduates receive degrees in graphic design. In other words, every year an estimated 202 graphic designers graduate from Oklahoma's 19 graphic design schools.
Great Plains Technology Center, which is located in Lawton, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Great Plains Technology Center graduated 1 students from its graphic design program.
Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a graphic design program. It is located in Tulsa. 11 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus in 2010.
Moore Norman Technology Center, which is located in Norman, is the third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Moore Norman Technology Center in 2010. Tuition at Moore Norman Technology Center was $0 per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's graphic design schools ranges from $20,054 per year to $2,400 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,188 per year. The Oklahoma graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- Rogers State University - located in Claremore, students are charged $4,513 per year
The following Oklahoma graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology-Okmulgee - located in Okmulgee, students are charged $3,795 per year
A graphic design degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Oklahoma, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,300 Oklahoma graphic designers as of 2010. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 670 graphic designers
- Creek County - 380 graphic designers
- Atoka County - 80 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Oklahoma will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,190 graphic designers working in Oklahoma.
A graphic designer in Oklahoma makes an average of $34,470 per year. In 2010, however, some Oklahoma graphic designers earned as little as less than $19,700 per year or as much as more than $56,570 per year. A graphic designer in the following Oklahoma counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Creek County - $40,070 per year
- Adair County - $37,560 per year
- Atoka County - $33,320 per year
The following counties in Oklahoma have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Cherokee County - $31,750 per year
- Canadian County - $31,850 per year
- Atoka County - $33,320 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Oklahoma