There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Oklahoma
Around 0.1% of Oklahoma's graduates graduate from healthcare management degree programs every year. Thus, Oklahoma's 10 healthcare management schools put out approximately 59 healthcare managers each year.
Oklahoma Baptist University, which is located in Shawnee, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Oklahoma Baptist University's healthcare management program. Students at Oklahoma Baptist University paid $18,608 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma with a healthcare management program is Southwestern Oklahoma State University, which is located in Weatherford. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. In 2010, Southwestern Oklahoma State University graduated 7 students from its healthcare management program. Tuition at Southwestern Oklahoma State University was $4,335 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a healthcare management program is East Central University. East Central University, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Ada. 7 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from East Central University in 2010. East Central University charged in-state students $4,482 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's healthcare management schools ranges from $18,608 per year to $2,400 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,110 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oklahoma healthcare management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- University of Phoenix-Tulsa Campus - located in Tulsa, students are charged $10,200 per year
- University of Phoenix-Oklahoma City Campus - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $10,200 per year
The healthcare management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma City Community College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,659 per year
- Langston University - located in Langston, students are charged $3,831 per year
A healthcare management degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
A large number of Oklahoma healthcare management graduates become healthcare managers. Oklahoma had 4,790 healthcare managers in 2010. The largest populations of Oklahoma healthcare managers are working in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 1,550 healthcare managers
- Creek County - 1,520 healthcare managers
- Atoka County - 600 healthcare managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare managers in the state of Oklahoma will grow to 5,330. This would require a 17% growth in the profession.
A healthcare manager in Oklahoma makes an average of $70,330 per year. However, Oklahoma healthcare managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $36,720 per year to more than $125,700 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for healthcare managers:
- Comanche County - $80,980 per year
- Canadian County - $72,930 per year
- Adair County - $72,690 per year
A healthcare manager in the following counties in Oklahoma make the lowest salaries on average:
- Atoka County - $64,980 per year
- Cherokee County - $66,940 per year
- Beckham County - $67,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in healthcare management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Healthcare Management in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||4,790||$70,330||44.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Oklahoma