There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Oklahoma
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of Oklahoma receive medical assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 680 medical assistants graduate from Oklahoma's 26 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a medical assistant program is Saint Gregorys University. Saint Gregorys University, which was ranked 54th in the country in 2010, is located in Shawnee. no students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Saint Gregorys University in 2010. Saint Gregorys University charged in-state students $17,516 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma with a medical assistant program is Indian Capital Technology Center-Stilwell, which is located in Stilwell. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 21 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Indian Capital Technology Center-Stilwell in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a medical assistant program is Northwest Technology Center. Northwest Technology Center, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Alva. 4 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Northwest Technology Center in 2010. The tuition rate at Northwest Technology Center was $0 per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's medical assistant schools ranges from $17,516 per year to $2,400 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,282 per year. The Oklahoma medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Gregorys University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $17,516 per year
- Career Point College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $14,492 per year
- Vatterott College-Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $11,200 per year
The following Oklahoma medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma City Community College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,659 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $11,066 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a medical assistant. In 2010, there were 6,410 medical assistants working in Oklahoma. The following counties have the largest number of Oklahoma medical assistants:
- Canadian County - 2,990 medical assistants
- Creek County - 1,700 medical assistants
- Cherokee County - 520 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,390 medical assistants working in the Oklahoma then.
A medical assistant in Oklahoma earns $26,010 per year on average. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $15,920 per year or as much as more than $52,010 per year in Oklahoma. The counties in Oklahoma with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Cherokee County - $29,960 per year
- Creek County - $27,730 per year
- Atoka County - $25,870 per year
The Oklahoma counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Beckham County - $20,760 per year
- Adair County - $21,960 per year
- Comanche County - $23,200 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Oklahoma