There are schools offering personal training certifications in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Oklahoma
Around 0.0% of Oklahoma's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 33 personal trainers graduate from Oklahoma's 8 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma with a personal training program is Saint Gregorys University, which is located in Shawnee. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. In 2010, Saint Gregorys University graduated no students from its personal training program. Tuition at Saint Gregorys University was $17,516 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma with a personal training program is Oklahoma State University-Main Campus, which is located in Stillwater. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 21 students graduated with degree in personal training from Oklahoma State University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Oklahoma State University-Main Campus was $6,779 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a personal training program is Green Country Technology Center, which is located in Okmulgee. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. Green Country Technology Center charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's personal training schools ranges from $28,735 per year to $2,778 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,401 per year. In 2010, the following Oklahoma personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- Saint Gregorys University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $17,516 per year
The personal training schools in Oklahoma that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College - located in Miami, students are charged $2,778 per year
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - located in Weatherford, students are charged $4,335 per year
- University of Central Oklahoma - located in Edmond, students are charged $4,456 per year
A personal training degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Oklahoma go on to work as a personal trainer. Oklahoma had 2,060 personal trainers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oklahoma personal trainers:
- Canadian County - 840 personal trainers
- Creek County - 760 personal trainers
- Atoka County - 130 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,830 personal trainers working in the Oklahoma then.
A personal trainer in Oklahoma makes an average of $29,550 per year. In 2010, however, some Oklahoma personal trainers earned as little as less than $15,720 per year or as much as more than $51,660 per year. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Creek County - $33,810 per year
- Atoka County - $28,940 per year
- Canadian County - $28,410 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Oklahoma make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adair County - $20,310 per year
- Comanche County - $22,970 per year
- Beckham County - $24,450 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||2,060||$29,550||27.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Oklahoma