There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Oklahoma
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma with a radiology technician program is Indian Capital Technology Center-Muskogee, which is located in Muskogee. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 15 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Indian Capital Technology Center-Muskogee in 2010.
Great Plains Technology Center, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Lawton. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Great Plains Technology Center radiology technician program.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a radiology technician program is Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus. Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Tulsa. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus was $0 per year.
Radiology technician schools in Oklahoma, charge students an average tuition of $2,107 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $12,300 per year, or as little as $2,216 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oklahoma radiology technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bacone College - located in Muskogee, students are charged $12,300 per year
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - located in Weatherford, students are charged $4,335 per year
- Western Oklahoma State College - located in Altus, students are charged $2,750 per year
The following Oklahoma radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Carl Albert State College - located in Poteau, students are charged $2,216 per year
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
A radiology technician degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a radiology technician. Oklahoma had 2,450 radiology technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oklahoma radiology technicians:
- Canadian County - 970 radiology technicians
- Creek County - 650 radiology technicians
- Atoka County - 240 radiology technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of radiology technicians in the state of Oklahoma will grow to 2,960. This would require a 23% growth in the profession.
A radiology technician in Oklahoma makes an average of $46,550 per year. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Creek County - $46,890 per year
- Canadian County - $46,800 per year
- Cherokee County - $46,700 per year
The following counties in Oklahoma have the lowest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Adair County - $44,530 per year
- Comanche County - $45,780 per year
- Beckham County - $46,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Radiology in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Radiology in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,420||$163,750||6.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Oklahoma