There are schools offering acting classes in Oregon!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a acting program is Lewis & Clark College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Lewis & Clark College graduated 3 students from its acting program. Students at Lewis & Clark College paid $36,632 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a acting program is Willamette University. Willamette University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Salem. 2 students graduated with degree in acting from Willamette University in 2010. Tuition at Willamette University was $37,361 per year.
Linfield College, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a acting program. It is located in Mcminnville. 3 students graduated with degree in acting from Linfield College in 2010. The tuition rate at Linfield College was $30,604 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's acting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $21,264 per year, though tuition can range from $37,361 per year to $6,639 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon acting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Willamette University - located in Salem, students are charged $37,361 per year
- Lewis & Clark College - located in Portland, students are charged $36,632 per year
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
The acting schools in Oregon that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern Oregon University - located in La Grande, students are charged $6,639 per year
- Southern Oregon University - located in Ashland, students are charged $6,729 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
An acting degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Oregon go on to work as an actor. In 2010, there were 210 actors working in Oregon. In Oregon, the largest numbers of actors work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 120 actors
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 250 actors will be working in Oregon state. This would require the number of actors to grow by 11%.
On average, an actor earns a salary of $0 per year in Oregon state.
For more data regarding a career in acting in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Acting in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Oregon
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||880||$74,410||29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Oregon