There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Oregon!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Oregon
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Oregon students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 155 administrative assistants graduate from Oregon's 16 administrative assistant schools each year.
Tillamook Bay Community College, which was ranked 85th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Tillamook. In 2010, Tillamook Bay Community College graduated no students from its administrative assistant program. Students at Tillamook Bay Community College paid $3,096 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a administrative assistant program is Portland Community College. Portland Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 35 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Portland Community College in 2010. Tuition at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
Clackamas Community College, which is located in Oregon City, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. 20 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Clackamas Community College in 2010. Clackamas Community College charged in-state students $3,555 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,993 per year, though tuition can range from $13,095 per year to $2,643 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Heald College-LLC-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $13,095 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Oregon that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Klamath Community College - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $2,895 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Oregon go on to work as an administrative assistant. 8,110 administrative assistants were working in Oregon in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon administrative assistants:
- Clackamas County - 5,790 administrative assistants
- Marion County - 850 administrative assistants
- Lane County - 630 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 15,460 administrative assistants working in the Oregon then.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $45,030 per year in Oregon state. In 2010, however, some Oregon administrative assistants earned as little as less than $28,190 per year or as much as more than $72,010 per year. An administrative assistant in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Deschutes County - $46,700 per year
- Clackamas County - $46,400 per year
- Benton County - $45,220 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Douglas County - $38,520 per year
- Baker County - $40,840 per year
- Linn County - $41,920 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Oregon
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Oregon
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||30,740||$30,100||-25.0%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||23,230||$32,410||40.4%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||8,110||$45,030||-44.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Oregon