There are schools offering biochemistry courses in Oregon!
Schools Offering Biochemistry Programs in Oregon
Reed College, which is located in Portland, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a biochemistry program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Reed College in 2010. The tuition rate at Reed College was $41,200 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a biochemistry program is Lewis & Clark College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 11 students graduated with degree in biochemistry from Lewis & Clark College in 2010. Tuition at Lewis & Clark College was $36,632 per year.
Linfield College, which is located in Mcminnville, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a biochemistry program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. Linfield College charged in-state students $30,604 in tuition fees per year.
Biochemistry schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $18,801 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,200 per year, or as little as $6,639 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon biochemistry schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Reed College - located in Portland, students are charged $41,200 per year
- Lewis & Clark College - located in Portland, students are charged $36,632 per year
- Pacific University - located in Forest Grove, students are charged $31,702 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon biochemistry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Oregon University - located in La Grande, students are charged $6,639 per year
- Oregon State University - located in Corvallis, students are charged $7,115 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
A biochemistry degree from an Oregon school... what next?
The highest percentage of biochemistry graduates in Oregon pursue careers as a biochemist. In 2010, there were 90 biochemists working in Oregon. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon biochemists:
- Clackamas County - 50 biochemists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of biochemists in the state of Oregon will grow to 80. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A biochemist in Oregon makes an average of $52,300 per year. But, salaries for biochemists can vary. In 2010, biochemists made as little as less than $36,220 per year or as much as more than $75,700 per year in Oregon. A biochemist in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $52,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in biochemistry. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as biology or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry in Oregon
Curious what studying Biochemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||1,670||$89,590||35.8%|
|Biochemists and Biophysicists||90||$52,300|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biochemistry related jobs in Oregon