There are schools offering biology degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a biology program is Reed College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. 27 students graduated with a degree in biology from Reed College in 2010. Students at Reed College paid $41,200 per year in tuition fees.
Lewis & Clark College, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a biology program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Lewis & Clark College biology program. Tuition at Lewis & Clark College was $36,632 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a biology program is Willamette University. Willamette University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Salem. 27 students graduated with degree in biology from Willamette University in 2010. The tuition rate at Willamette University was $37,361 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's biology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,055 per year, though tuition can range from $41,200 per year to $3,016 per year. In 2010, the biology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Reed College - located in Portland, students are charged $41,200 per year
- Willamette University - located in Salem, students are charged $37,361 per year
- Lewis & Clark College - located in Portland, students are charged $36,632 per year
The biology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Oregon Coast Community College - located in South Beach, students are charged $3,096 per year
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in biology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Biology in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in Oregon
- Certificate in Biology in Oregon
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists||1,300||$64,990||66.7%|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||1,050||$64,280||8.2%|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||950||$62,980||46.2%|
|Soil and Plant Scientists||570||$58,760||14.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in Oregon