There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Oregon!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a bookkeeping program is Abdill Career College Inc. Abdill Career College Inc, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Medford. no students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Abdill Career College Inc in 2010.
Tillamook Bay Community College, which was ranked 85th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Tillamook. 1 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Tillamook Bay Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Tillamook Bay Community College was $3,096 per year.
Portland Community College, which is located in Portland, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 51 students graduated from Portland Community College bookkeeping program. Students at Portland Community College paid $3,016 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Oregon bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $3,233 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,895 per year to $4,485 per year. The Oregon bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The following Oregon bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Klamath Community College - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $2,895 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Tillamook Bay Community College - located in Tillamook, students are charged $3,096 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon bookkeeping graduates become bookkeeping clerks. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 24,870 Oregon bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. In Oregon, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 14,600 bookkeeping clerks
- Lane County - 2,510 bookkeeping clerks
- Marion County - 2,190 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 30,050 bookkeeping clerks working in the Oregon then.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $35,380 per year. In 2010, however, some Oregon bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $19,110 per year or as much as more than $50,860 per year. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $37,140 per year
- Marion County - $35,950 per year
- Clatsop County - $34,800 per year
On average, bookkeeping clerks earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Baker County - $31,010 per year
- Douglas County - $31,210 per year
- Jackson County - $31,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Oregon
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Oregon
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||24,870||$35,380||-6.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,150||$33,760||-4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Oregon