There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Oregon
Oregon State University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Corvallis. 134 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Oregon State University in 2010. Tuition at Oregon State University was $7,115 per year.
University of Portland, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, University of Portland graduated 20 students from its civil engineering program. Students at University of Portland paid $33,538 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a civil engineering program is Portland State University. Portland State University, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 71 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Portland State University in 2010. Tuition at Portland State University was $7,130 per year.
If you choose to attend a Oregon civil engineering school, average tuition will be $7,553 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,016 per year to $33,538 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon civil engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
The civil engineering schools in Oregon that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Blue Mountain Community College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,215 per year
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
A civil engineering degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Oregon go on to work as a civil engineer. Oregon had 3,820 civil engineers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon civil engineers:
- Clackamas County - 2,900 civil engineers
- Marion County - 400 civil engineers
- Lane County - 220 civil engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of civil engineers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,520 civil engineers working in the Oregon then.
On average, a civil engineer earns a salary of $75,020 per year in Oregon state. However, Oregon civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,630 per year to more than $119,470 per year in 2010. On average a civil engineer earns the most in the following Oregon counties:
- Clatsop County - $82,770 per year
- Clackamas County - $76,450 per year
- Marion County - $75,270 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for civil engineers:
- Jackson County - $60,210 per year
- Linn County - $66,260 per year
- Douglas County - $66,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Oregon
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Oregon
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,170||$46,530||-15.2%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,000||$54,140||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Oregon