There are schools offering computer networking courses in Oregon!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Oregon
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Oregon students graduate with degrees in computer networking. Thus, Oregon's 8 computer networking schools put out approximately 124 computer network administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a computer networking program is ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 47 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from ITT Technical Institute-Portland in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Portland paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Portland Community College, which is located in Portland, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Portland Community College graduated 24 students from its computer networking program. Students at Portland Community College paid $3,016 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a computer networking program is Clackamas Community College, which is located in Oregon City. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Clackamas Community College computer networking program. The tuition rate at Clackamas Community College was $3,555 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,759 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,952 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon computer networking schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
The following Oregon computer networking schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
A computer networking degree from an Oregon school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer networking graduates in Oregon pursue careers as a computer network administrator. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,670 Oregon computer network administrators as of 2010. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of computer network administrators are:
- Clackamas County - 2,870 computer network administrators
- Lane County - 340 computer network administrators
- Marion County - 300 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Oregon will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,910 computer network administrators working in Oregon.
On average, computer network administrators earn $68,420 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following Oregon counties:
- Clackamas County - $71,550 per year
- Lane County - $63,690 per year
- Jackson County - $62,620 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Baker County - $53,640 per year
- Douglas County - $54,350 per year
- Linn County - $55,440 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in computer networking. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Oregon
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Oregon
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$57,080||29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Oregon