There are schools offering computer programming courses in Oregon!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Oregon
Around 0.1% of Oregon's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. That means an estimated 110 computer programmers graduate from Oregon's 10 computer programming schools each year.
Northwest Christian University, which is located in Eugene, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 47th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northwest Christian University graduated no students from its computer programming program. Tuition at Northwest Christian University was $22,900 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a computer programming program is Eastern Oregon University, which is located in La Grande. In 2010, it was ranked 51st nationwide. Eastern Oregon University charged in-state students $6,639 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Portland was $18,048 per year.
If you choose to attend a Oregon computer programming school, average tuition will be $7,998 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,016 per year to $22,900 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwest Christian University - located in Eugene, students are charged $22,900 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Oregon Campus - located in Portland, students are charged $11,040 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
A computer programming degree from an Oregon school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Oregon pursue careers as a computer programmer. 2,700 computer programmers were working in Oregon in 2010. In Oregon, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 2,010 computer programmers
- Marion County - 180 computer programmers
- Lane County - 180 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Oregon will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,650 computer programmers working in Oregon.
On average, computer programmers earn $68,410 per year. The counties in Oregon with the highest average salary for a computer programmer are:
- Benton County - $92,200 per year
- Clackamas County - $70,480 per year
- Marion County - $63,830 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Deschutes County - $52,080 per year
- Baker County - $54,130 per year
- Lane County - $55,760 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Oregon
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Oregon
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$57,080||29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Oregon