There are schools offering culinary programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Culinary Arts Programs in Oregon
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a culinary program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts graduated 355 students from its culinary program. Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts charged in-state students $19,225 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a culinary program is Tillamook Bay Community College. Tillamook Bay Community College, which was ranked 85th in the country in 2010, is located in Tillamook. Students at Tillamook Bay Community College paid $3,096 per year in tuition fees.
Portland Community College, which was ranked 85th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a culinary program. It is located in Portland. 13 students graduated with degree in culinary from Portland Community College in 2010. Portland Community College charged in-state students $3,016 in tuition fees per year.
Culinary schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $5,972 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,225 per year, or as little as $2,643 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon culinary schools were charged at the following schools:
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - located in Portland, students are charged $19,225 per year
- Pioneer Pacific College - located in Wilsonville, students are charged $11,023 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon culinary schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Tillamook Bay Community College - located in Tillamook, students are charged $3,096 per year
A culinary degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from culinary school in Oregon go on to work as a chef. If you decide to work as a chef in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,020 Oregon chefs as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon chefs:
- Clackamas County - 650 chefs
- Lane County - 140 chefs
- Deschutes County - 90 chefs
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of chefs is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,290 chefs working in the Oregon then.
On average, chefs earn $45,230 per year. However, Oregon chefs earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,360 per year to more than $88,340 per year in 2010. A chef in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $50,280 per year
- Clackamas County - $47,800 per year
- Marion County - $45,660 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for chefs:
- Clatsop County - $33,900 per year
- Lane County - $35,500 per year
- Deschutes County - $41,500 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in culinary arts and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as pastry or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts in Oregon
- Certificate in Culinary Arts in Oregon
Curious what studying Culinary gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Fast Food||6,930||$19,690||-24.9%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||5,610||$25,620||25.8%|
|Cooks, Short Order||1,830||$22,120||-21.8%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||1,020||$45,230||-19.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are culinary related jobs in Oregon