There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Oregon
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of Oregon receive dental assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 532 dental assistants graduate from Oregon's 13 dental assistant schools each year.
Concorde Career College, which is located in Portland, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 192 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Concorde Career College in 2010.
Anthem College-Portland, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Beaverton. In 2010, Anthem College-Portland graduated 76 students from its dental assistant programs. Tuition at Anthem College-Portland was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,256 per year, though tuition can range from $3,645 per year to $2,643 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Chemeketa Community College - located in Salem, students are charged $3,645 per year
- Umpqua Community College - located in Roseburg, students are charged $3,608 per year
- Clackamas Community College - located in Oregon City, students are charged $3,555 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in Oregon pursue careers as a dental assistant. Oregon had 4,750 dental assistants in 2010. In Oregon, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 3,110 dental assistants
- Marion County - 530 dental assistants
- Baker County - 380 dental assistants
The government projects that the number of dental assistants in Oregon will grow by 26%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,530 dental assistants working in Oregon.
A dental assistant in Oregon earns $37,750 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Oregon had varying salaries from $22,710 to $57,170 per year in 2010. The counties in Oregon with the highest average salary for a dental assistant are:
- Benton County - $39,360 per year
- Linn County - $38,830 per year
- Clackamas County - $38,590 per year
On average, dental assistants earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Baker County - $32,560 per year
- Clatsop County - $35,150 per year
- Douglas County - $35,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Oregon
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||950||$36,810||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Oregon