There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Oregon
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Oregon receive dental hygiene degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 170 dental hygienists graduate from Oregon's 6 dental hygienist schools.
Pacific University, which is located in Forest Grove, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pacific University graduated 29 students from its dental hygienist program. Students at Pacific University paid $31,702 per year in tuition fees.
Oregon Institute of Technology, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Klamath Falls. 79 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Oregon Institute of Technology in 2010. Oregon Institute of Technology charged in-state students $7,260 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a dental hygienist program is Portland Community College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Portland Community College dental hygienist program. Tuition at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,877 per year, though tuition can range from $31,702 per year to $3,016 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Pacific University - located in Forest Grove, students are charged $31,702 per year
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
The following Oregon dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. 2,920 dental hygienists were working in Oregon in 2010. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of dental hygienists are:
- Clackamas County - 1,800 dental hygienists
- Lane County - 350 dental hygienists
- Marion County - 220 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 27% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,000 dental hygienists working in the Oregon then.
On average, a dental hygienist earns a salary of $77,070 per year in Oregon state. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in Oregon had varying salaries from $58,090 to $94,790 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Linn County - $80,600 per year
- Clackamas County - $78,570 per year
- Douglas County - $77,340 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Clatsop County - $70,570 per year
- Deschutes County - $73,790 per year
- Lane County - $74,670 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Oregon
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Oregon