There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Oregon
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Oregon receive educational leadership degrees every year. Thus, Oregon's 10 educational leadership schools put out approximately 331 educational leadership professonals each year.
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a educational leadership program is Lewis & Clark College. Lewis & Clark College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 73 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Lewis & Clark College in 2010. Lewis & Clark College charged in-state students $36,632 in tuition fees per year.
Warner Pacific College, which was ranked 49th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Warner Pacific College educational leadership program. Warner Pacific College charged in-state students $17,604 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a educational leadership program is University of Oregon, which is located in Eugene. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, 46 students graduated from University of Oregon educational leadership program. Students at University of Oregon paid $8,190 per year in tuition fees.
Educational leadership schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $17,891 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,632 per year, or as little as $7,115 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lewis & Clark College - located in Portland, students are charged $36,632 per year
- Pacific University - located in Forest Grove, students are charged $31,702 per year
- George Fox University - located in Newberg, students are charged $27,970 per year
The following Oregon educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oregon State University - located in Corvallis, students are charged $7,115 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
- Western Oregon University - located in Monmouth, students are charged $7,410 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Many Oregon educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. 4,660 educational leadership professonals were working in Oregon in 2010. Of these, 2,490 were middle school principals. In addition, 540 were preschool directors, and 1,340 were deans. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Clackamas County - 2,600 educational leadership professonals
- Marion County - 510 educational leadership professonals
- Baker County - 430 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 5,110 educational leadership professonals will be working in Oregon. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 9%.
educational leadership professonals in Oregon earn $74,595 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Oregon had varying salaries from $22,010 to $156,830 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Benton County - $84,020 per year
- Douglas County - $83,430 per year
- Linn County - $81,600 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Clatsop County - $61,885 per year
- Lane County - $65,580 per year
- Baker County - $67,090 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Oregon were:
- Dean - $94,980 per year
- Middle School Principal - $88,600 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $74,510 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Oregon were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $74,510 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,290 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Oregon
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,490||$88,600||12.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,340||$94,980||22.9%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||540||$40,290||-25.0%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||290||$74,510||31.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Oregon