There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Oregon
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Oregon receive electrical engineering degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 164 electrical engineers graduate from Oregon's 8 electrical engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a electrical engineering program is ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Portland graduated 39 students from its electrical engineering program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Portland was $18,048 per year.
Oregon Institute of Technology, which is located in Klamath Falls, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from Oregon Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Oregon Institute of Technology paid $7,260 per year in tuition fees.
Portland Community College, which is located in Portland, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Portland Community College electrical engineering program. The tuition rate at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
Tuition at Oregon's electrical engineering schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,994 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,638 per year. The Oregon electrical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Chemeketa Community College - located in Salem, students are charged $3,645 per year
The following Oregon electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Columbia Gorge Community College - located in The Dalles, students are charged $3,168 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in Oregon go on to work as an electrical engineer. If you decide to work as an electrical engineer in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,920 Oregon electrical engineers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon electrical engineers:
- Clackamas County - 1,590 electrical engineers
- Lane County - 80 electrical engineers
- Deschutes County - 60 electrical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electrical engineers in the state of Oregon will grow to 1,300. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
An electrical engineer in Oregon earns $94,580 per year on average. However, Oregon electrical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $42,020 per year to more than $151,550 per year in 2010. An electrical engineer in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $96,000 per year
- Douglas County - $94,070 per year
- Clackamas County - $94,040 per year
On average, electrical engineers earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Deschutes County - $74,060 per year
- Baker County - $86,300 per year
- Lane County - $93,160 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Oregon
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Oregon
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,690||$55,750||-17.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Oregon