There are schools offering EMT training in Oregon!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Oregon
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Oregon graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. That means an estimated 169 emergency medical technicians graduate from Oregon's 14 EMT schools each year.
Oregon Institute of Technology, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a EMT program. It is located in Klamath Falls. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Oregon Institute of Technology's EMT program. Oregon Institute of Technology charged in-state students $7,260 in tuition fees per year.
Portland Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a EMT program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Portland Community College EMT program. Portland Community College charged in-state students $3,016 in tuition fees per year.
Clackamas Community College, which is located in Oregon City, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Clackamas Community College EMT program. Students at Clackamas Community College paid $3,555 per year in tuition fees.
Emt schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $3,664 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $7,260 per year, or as little as $2,643 per year. In 2010, the EMT schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
The following Oregon EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Klamath Community College - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $2,895 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
An EMT certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Oregon go on to work as an emergency medical technician. Oregon had 2,530 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of emergency medical technicians are:
- Clackamas County - 1,380 emergency medical technicians
- Clatsop County - 260 emergency medical technicians
- Baker County - 160 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Oregon will grow to 2,160. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $44,570 per year. In 2010, however, some Oregon emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $18,700 per year or as much as more than $95,780 per year. The counties in Oregon with the highest average salary for an emergency medical technician are:
- Linn County - $56,740 per year
- Clackamas County - $48,600 per year
- Baker County - $41,600 per year
The Oregon counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Douglas County - $31,180 per year
- Marion County - $33,240 per year
- Clatsop County - $33,310 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Oregon
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Oregon
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,530||$44,570||125.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Oregon