There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Oregon
Around 1.7% of Oregon's graduates graduate from forensic nursing degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,397 forensic nurses graduate from Oregon's 21 forensic nursing schools.
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a forensic nursing program is University of Portland. University of Portland, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. In 2010, 225 students graduated from University of Portland's forensic nursing program. Students at University of Portland paid $33,538 per year in tuition fees.
George Fox University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Newberg. In 2010, George Fox University graduated 31 students from its forensic nursing program. Students at George Fox University paid $27,970 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a forensic nursing program is ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Portland was $18,048 per year.
Forensic nursing schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $7,207 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,538 per year, or as little as $2,643 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon forensic nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- George Fox University - located in Newberg, students are charged $27,970 per year
- Concordia University - located in Portland, students are charged $24,114 per year
The forensic nursing schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
A forensic nursing degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. Oregon had 410 forensic nurses in 2010. In Oregon, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 300 forensic nurses
- Deschutes County - 40 forensic nurses
The government projects that the number of forensic nurses in Oregon will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 550 forensic nurses working in Oregon.
On average, forensic nurses earn $61,430 per year. However, Oregon forensic nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $31,400 per year to more than $92,550 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Clackamas County - $65,730 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Oregon
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Oregon
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,090||$99,200||21.7%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||410||$61,430|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$57,080||29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Oregon