There are schools offering gerontology programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Gerontology Programs in Oregon
Oregon State University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a gerontology program. It is located in Corvallis. no students graduated with a degree in gerontology from Oregon State University in 2010. Tuition at Oregon State University was $7,115 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a gerontology program is Portland State University, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in gerontology from Portland State University in 2010. Portland State University charged in-state students $7,130 in tuition fees per year.
Portland Community College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a gerontology program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Portland Community College gerontology program. Tuition at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
Gerontology schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $7,172 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,730 per year, or as little as $3,016 per year. The Oregon gerontology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marylhurst University - located in Marylhurst, students are charged $17,730 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
- Oregon State University - located in Corvallis, students are charged $7,115 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon gerontology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Clackamas Community College - located in Oregon City, students are charged $3,555 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
A gerontologist in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $76,170 per year
- Baker County - $140,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in gerontology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or gerontology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Gerontology in Oregon
- Certificate in Gerontology in Oregon
Curious what studying Gerontology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists||n/a||$80,410|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||6,560||$28,440||38.1%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,090||$99,200||21.7%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||410||$61,430|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are gerontology related jobs in Oregon