There are schools offering LVN programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Oregon
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a LVN program is Valley Medical College. Valley Medical College, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Salem. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Valley Medical College LVN program.
Clackamas Community College, which is located in Oregon City, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. Students at Clackamas Community College paid $3,555 per year in tuition fees.
Lvn schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $3,448 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $11,023 per year, or as little as $2,643 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pioneer Pacific College - located in Wilsonville, students are charged $11,023 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The following Oregon LVN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
A LVN certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon LVN graduates become licensed vocational nurses. Oregon had 2,590 licensed vocational nurses in 2010. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of licensed vocational nurses are:
- Clackamas County - 1,360 licensed vocational nurses
- Lane County - 340 licensed vocational nurses
- Marion County - 300 licensed vocational nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed vocational nurses is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,170 licensed vocational nurses working in the Oregon then.
On average, a licensed vocational nurse earns a salary of $45,370 per year in Oregon state. However, this number is only an average. licensed vocational nurses in Oregon had varying salaries from $31,390 to $59,630 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Clackamas County - $46,570 per year
- Linn County - $46,300 per year
- Clatsop County - $46,290 per year
On average, licensed vocational nurses earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Baker County - $40,440 per year
- Deschutes County - $43,430 per year
- Lane County - $43,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Oregon
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||2,590||$45,370||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Oregon