There are schools offering mechanical engineering degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Oregon
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Oregon graduates receive degrees in mechanical engineering. That means an estimated 257 mechanical engineers graduate from Oregon's 6 mechanical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a mechanical engineering program is Oregon State University, which is located in Corvallis. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Oregon State University graduated 123 students from its mechanical engineering program. Oregon State University charged in-state students $7,115 in tuition fees per year.
University of Portland, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a mechanical engineering program. It is located in Portland. 30 students graduated with degree in mechanical engineering from University of Portland in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Portland was $33,538 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a mechanical engineering program is Portland State University, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 57 students graduated with degree in mechanical engineering from Portland State University in 2010. Students at Portland State University paid $7,130 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Oregon's mechanical engineering schools ranges from $33,538 per year to $3,016 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,305 per year. The Oregon mechanical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
The mechanical engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
- Oregon State University - located in Corvallis, students are charged $7,115 per year
A mechanical engineering degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon mechanical engineering graduates become mechanical engineers. If you decide to work as a mechanical engineer in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,220 Oregon mechanical engineers as of 2010. The largest populations of Oregon mechanical engineers are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 2,080 mechanical engineers
- Benton County - 110 mechanical engineers
- Lane County - 90 mechanical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of mechanical engineers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,980 mechanical engineers working in the Oregon then.
On average, a mechanical engineer earns a salary of $80,540 per year in Oregon state. But, salaries for mechanical engineers can vary. In 2010, mechanical engineers made as little as less than $40,180 per year or as much as more than $118,580 per year in Oregon. A mechanical engineer in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $84,800 per year
- Baker County - $81,230 per year
- Lane County - $75,310 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for mechanical engineers:
- Linn County - $64,900 per year
- Jackson County - $68,030 per year
- Marion County - $68,470 per year
For more data regarding a career in mechanical engineering in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or mechanical engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Oregon
Curious what studying Mechanical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||1,670||$89,590||35.8%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other||1,130||$51,210||4.6%|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||440||$51,080||-36.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mechanical engineering related jobs in Oregon