There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Oregon
Approximately 1.6% of graduates in of Oregon receive medical assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,290 medical assistants graduate from Oregon's 20 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a medical assistant program is Concorde Career College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. 378 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Concorde Career College in 2010.
Pacific University, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Forest Grove. In 2010, 46 students graduated from Pacific University medical assistant program. Pacific University charged in-state students $31,702 in tuition fees per year.
Medical assistant schools in Oregon, charge students an average tuition of $4,983 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,702 per year, or as little as $2,643 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Pacific University - located in Forest Grove, students are charged $31,702 per year
- Everest College-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $14,740 per year
- Heald College-LLC-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $13,095 per year
The following Oregon medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. In 2010, there were 7,340 medical assistants working in Oregon. The largest populations of Oregon medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 4,410 medical assistants
- Marion County - 710 medical assistants
- Lane County - 560 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,950 medical assistants working in the Oregon then.
On average, a medical assistant earns a salary of $32,540 per year in Oregon state. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $21,490 per year or as much as more than $41,710 per year in Oregon. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Clackamas County - $33,470 per year
- Deschutes County - $33,440 per year
- Lane County - $32,950 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Douglas County - $27,980 per year
- Baker County - $31,030 per year
- Jackson County - $31,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Oregon
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Oregon
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Oregon