There are schools offering medical transcription training in Oregon!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Oregon
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Oregon students graduate with certificates in medical transcription. Thus, Oregon's 9 medical transcription schools put out approximately 49 medical transcriptionists each year.
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical transcription program is Sumner College. Sumner College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 10 students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from Sumner College in 2010.
Abdill Career College Inc, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical transcription program. It is located in Medford.
Mt Hood Community College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical transcription program. It is located in Gresham. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Mt Hood Community College medical transcription program. The tuition rate at Mt Hood Community College was $3,769 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's medical transcription schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,810 per year, though tuition can range from $4,485 per year to $2,643 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon medical transcription schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The following Oregon medical transcription schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
A medical transcription certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical transcription school in Oregon go on to work as a medical transcriptionist. Oregon had 1,270 medical transcriptionists in 2010. The largest populations of Oregon medical transcriptionists are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 520 medical transcriptionists
- Jackson County - 110 medical transcriptionists
- Marion County - 110 medical transcriptionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,940 medical transcriptionists working in the Oregon then.
A medical transcriptionist in Oregon earns $36,360 per year on average. However, Oregon medical transcriptionists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,130 per year to more than $49,090 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for medical transcriptionists:
- Clackamas County - $40,860 per year
- Deschutes County - $37,050 per year
- Benton County - $36,590 per year
The Oregon counties with the lowest average salary for medical transcriptionists are:
- Baker County - $30,130 per year
- Douglas County - $30,860 per year
- Jackson County - $33,670 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical transcription in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Oregon
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Oregon
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Oregon