There are schools offering paralegal programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a paralegal program is ITT Technical Institute-Portland. ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. no students graduated with a degree in paralegal from ITT Technical Institute-Portland in 2010. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Portland was $18,048 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a paralegal program is Sumner College. Sumner College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 19 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Sumner College in 2010.
Abdill Career College Inc, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a paralegal program. It is located in Medford. 1 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Abdill Career College Inc in 2010. Students at Abdill Career College Inc paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,514 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $3,016 per year. The Oregon paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Everest College-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $14,740 per year
- Heald College-LLC-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $13,095 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Umpqua Community College - located in Roseburg, students are charged $3,608 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
A paralegal degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon paralegal graduates become paralegals. Oregon had 2,160 paralegals in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon paralegals:
- Clackamas County - 1,640 paralegals
- Marion County - 310 paralegals
- Lane County - 130 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Oregon will grow to 2,270. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Oregon earns $50,730 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Oregon paralegals earned as little as less than $26,830 per year or as much as more than $81,020 per year. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Oregon counties:
- Clackamas County - $54,140 per year
- Lane County - $46,150 per year
- Deschutes County - $44,330 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $35,600 per year
- Douglas County - $39,090 per year
- Marion County - $39,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Oregon
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Oregon
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||2,160||$50,730||27.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Oregon