There are schools offering paramedic programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a paramedic program is Oregon Institute of Technology, which is located in Klamath Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. In 2010, Oregon Institute of Technology graduated 25 students from its paramedic program. The tuition rate at Oregon Institute of Technology was $7,260 per year.
Portland Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a paramedic program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, Portland Community College graduated 23 students from its paramedic program. Tuition at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a paramedic program is Clackamas Community College. Clackamas Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Oregon City. The tuition rate at Clackamas Community College was $3,555 per year.
Tuition at Oregon's paramedic schools ranges from $7,260 per year to $2,643 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,664 per year. The Oregon paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oregon Institute of Technology - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $7,260 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Klamath Community College - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $2,895 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
A paramedic certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon paramedic graduates become paramedics. In 2010, there were 2,530 paramedics working in Oregon. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon paramedics:
- Clackamas County - 1,380 paramedics
- Clatsop County - 260 paramedics
- Baker County - 160 paramedics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paramedics is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,160 paramedics working in the Oregon then.
On average, paramedics earn $44,570 per year. However, Oregon paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,700 per year to more than $95,780 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Linn County - $56,740 per year
- Clackamas County - $48,600 per year
- Baker County - $41,600 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Douglas County - $31,180 per year
- Marion County - $33,240 per year
- Clatsop County - $33,310 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Oregon
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Oregon
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,530||$44,570||125.9%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||150||$20,800|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Oregon