There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Oregon
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Oregon students graduate with certificates in pharmacy technician training. In other words, every year an estimated 235 pharmacy technicians graduate from Oregon's 7 pharmacy technician schools.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a pharmacy technician program is Anthem College-Portland. Anthem College-Portland, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Beaverton. In 2010, 63 students graduated from Anthem College-Portland pharmacy technician program.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a pharmacy technician program is Everest College-Portland. Everest College-Portland, which was ranked 83rd in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Everest College-Portland pharmacy technician program. The tuition rate at Everest College-Portland was $14,740 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,278 per year, though tuition can range from $14,740 per year to $3,234 per year. The Oregon pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest College-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $14,740 per year
- Heald College-LLC-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $13,095 per year
- Pioneer Pacific College - located in Wilsonville, students are charged $11,023 per year
The pharmacy technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
- Chemeketa Community College - located in Salem, students are charged $3,645 per year
- Southwestern Oregon Community College - located in Coos Bay, students are charged $4,485 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
The highest percentage of pharmacy technician graduates in Oregon pursue careers as a pharmacy technician. Oregon had 4,580 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Oregon pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 2,790 pharmacy technicians
- Lane County - 460 pharmacy technicians
- Marion County - 370 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of pharmacy technicians in the state of Oregon will grow to 4,470. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $34,080 per year. However, Oregon pharmacy technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,070 per year to more than $44,960 per year in 2010. The counties in Oregon with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Clackamas County - $35,530 per year
- Jackson County - $35,330 per year
- Benton County - $34,110 per year
The Oregon counties with the lowest average salary for pharmacy technicians are:
- Baker County - $31,030 per year
- Clatsop County - $31,480 per year
- Lane County - $32,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Oregon
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Oregon
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Oregon