There are schools offering social work degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a social work program is Warner Pacific College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. 11 students graduated with a degree in social work from Warner Pacific College in 2010. The tuition rate at Warner Pacific College was $17,604 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a social work program is University of Portland, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 15 students graduated from University of Portland social work program. Students at University of Portland paid $33,538 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a social work program is George Fox University, which is located in Newberg. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 11 students graduated with degree in social work from George Fox University in 2010. George Fox University charged in-state students $27,970 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Oregon social work school, average tuition will be $12,231 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,994 per year to $33,538 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- Pacific University - located in Forest Grove, students are charged $31,702 per year
- George Fox University - located in Newberg, students are charged $27,970 per year
The social work schools in Oregon that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
- Blue Mountain Community College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,215 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
A social work degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon social work graduates become social workers. In 2010, there were 1,320 social workers working in Oregon. In Oregon, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 840 social workers
- Lane County - 190 social workers
- Baker County - 80 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Oregon will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,520 social workers working in Oregon.
A social worker in Oregon earns $54,470 per year on average. However, Oregon social workers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,260 per year to more than $81,580 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Clatsop County - $58,480 per year
- Clackamas County - $57,930 per year
- Deschutes County - $53,260 per year
The Oregon counties with the lowest average salary for social workers are:
- Linn County - $42,590 per year
- Douglas County - $44,800 per year
- Jackson County - $48,800 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Oregon
- Certificate in Social Work in Oregon
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||3,390||$39,810||12.6%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,110||$37,610||-8.7%|
|Social Workers, All Other||1,650||$44,080||-17.1%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,320||$54,470||16.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Oregon