There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Oregon
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Oregon graduates receive degrees in visual communications. In other words, every year an estimated 216 visual communications professionals graduate from Oregon's 14 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a visual communications program is Linfield College. Linfield College, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Mcminnville. 3 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Linfield College in 2010. Students at Linfield College paid $30,604 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a visual communications program is University of Oregon, which is located in Eugene. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, 44 students graduated from University of Oregon visual communications program. The tuition rate at University of Oregon was $8,190 per year.
Oregon State University, which is located in Corvallis, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Oregon State University graduated 50 students from its visual communications programs. The tuition rate at Oregon State University was $7,115 per year.
Tuition at Oregon's visual communications schools ranges from $30,604 per year to $3,016 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,610 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Linfield College - located in Mcminnville, students are charged $30,604 per year
- Pacific Northwest College of Art - located in Portland, students are charged $27,926 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $18,048 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
- Clackamas Community College - located in Oregon City, students are charged $3,555 per year
A visual communications degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Video editor, audio visual technician, and artist are the professions of choice for a majority of visual communications graduates in Oregon. Oregon had 3,370 visual communications professionals in 2010. 2,310 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 230 were video editors, and 720 were audio visual technicians. In Oregon, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 2,330 visual communications professionals
- Lane County - 290 visual communications professionals
- Marion County - 120 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 4,070 visual communications professionals will be working in Oregon. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 6%.
On average, visual communications professionals earn $44,133 per year. In 2010, however, some Oregon visual communications professional earned as little as less than $17,720 per year or as much as more than $98,820 per year. Visual communications professionals in the following Oregon counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $46,800 per year
- Marion County - $43,320 per year
- Jackson County - $40,930 per year
The Oregon counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Douglas County - $31,170 per year
- Clatsop County - $31,630 per year
- Baker County - $32,590 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Oregon were:
- Video Editor - $54,250 per year
- Graphic Designer - $44,320 per year
- Artist - $42,540 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Oregon were:
- Artist - $42,540 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $35,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Oregon
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Oregon
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||720||$35,420||-23.4%|
|Film and Video Editors||230||$54,250|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||110||$42,540||-8.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Oregon