There are schools offering architecture degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a architecture program. It received a ranking of 4th in the country in 2010. 290 students graduated with a degree in architecture from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a architecture program is Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 56 students graduated with degree in architecture from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Tuition at Carnegie Mellon University was $42,136 per year.
Haverford College, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a architecture program. It is located in Haverford. In 2010, Haverford College graduated 7 students from its architecture programs. Tuition at Haverford College was $40,624 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's architecture schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $19,019 per year, though tuition can range from $42,136 per year to $3,270 per year. In 2010, the architecture schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Haverford College - located in Haverford, students are charged $40,624 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
The architecture schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College - located in Johnstown, students are charged $3,445 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
An architecture degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of architecture graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as an architect. In 2010, there were 3,270 architects working in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of architects are:
- Bucks County - 1,510 architects
- Allegheny County - 750 architects
- Lancaster County - 200 architects
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of architects is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,550 architects working in the Pennsylvania then.
An architect in Pennsylvania earns $79,790 per year on average. But, salaries for architects can vary. In 2010, architects made as little as less than $42,470 per year or as much as more than $130,290 per year in Pennsylvania. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for an architect are:
- Warren County - $115,650 per year
- Berks County - $84,430 per year
- Cumberland County - $82,090 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for architects are:
- Erie County - $64,650 per year
- Clarion County - $70,910 per year
- Allegheny County - $72,910 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||4,980||$45,290||-2.4%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||3,270||$79,790||-15.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Pennsylvania