There are schools offering art classes in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a art program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, University of Pennsylvania graduated 70 students from its art program. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Swarthmore College, which is located in Swarthmore, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a art program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Swarthmore College graduated 10 students from its art program. The tuition rate at Swarthmore College was $39,600 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a art program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Carnegie Mellon University graduated 63 students from its art programs. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's art schools ranges from $42,342 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,921 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania art schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Dickinson College - located in Carlisle, students are charged $41,520 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
An art degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania art graduates become artists. Pennsylvania had 210 artists in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of artists are:
- Bucks County - 130 artists
On average, artists earn $47,670 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania artists earned as little as less than $31,580 per year or as much as more than $90,330 per year. An artist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $53,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in art and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Art in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Art in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||430||$50,180||-32.8%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||210||$47,670||-41.7%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||140||$62,790||-30.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Pennsylvania