There are schools offering business administration degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Pennsylvania
- Business Administration Degrees in New Jersey
- Business Administration Degrees in Connecticut
- Business Administration Degrees in Delaware
- Business Administration Degrees in Washington DC
- Business Administration Degrees in New York
- Business Administration Degrees in Maryland
- See All Schools in Pennsylvania
Approximately 3.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive business administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 11,927 general managers graduate from Pennsylvania's 153 business administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a business administration program is University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 4th nationwide. In 2010, 402 students graduated from University of Pennsylvania's business administration program. Tuition at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a business administration program. It is located in Pittsburgh. 375 students graduated with degree in business administration from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
Temple University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a business administration program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 182 students graduated from Temple University business administration program. Tuition at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,222 per year, though tuition can range from $42,342 per year to $2,700 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania business administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Franklin and Marshall College - located in Lancaster, students are charged $41,140 per year
The business administration schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A business administration degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 50,230 Pennsylvania general managers as of 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 17,470 general managers
- Allegheny County - 9,570 general managers
- Warren County - 3,270 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Pennsylvania will shrink by -7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 36,950 general managers working in Pennsylvania.
A general manager in Pennsylvania earns $106,180 per year on average. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $32,860 per year or as much as more than $166,130 per year in Pennsylvania. A general manager in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $123,860 per year
- Allegheny County - $105,540 per year
- Warren County - $105,520 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Cambria County - $74,840 per year
- Lebanon County - $76,230 per year
- Bradford County - $79,250 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||8,380||$84,790||-25.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Pennsylvania