There are schools offering business degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 7.5% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive business degrees every year. That means an estimated 29,065 business professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 187 business schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a business program is University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 4th nationwide. In 2010, University of Pennsylvania graduated 1,743 students from its business program. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a business program is Carnegie Mellon University. Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, 743 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University business program. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
Lafayette College, which is located in Easton, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a business program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Lafayette College graduated 2 students from its business programs. Students at Lafayette College paid $39,815 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania business school, average tuition will be $16,702 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,700 per year to $42,342 per year. In 2010, the business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Dickinson College - located in Carlisle, students are charged $41,520 per year
The business schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A business degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
business graduates in Pennsylvania can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Pennsylvania had 211,690 business professionals in 2010. 20,840 of these business professionals were business analysts, 15,790 were chief executive officers, and 50,230 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania business professionals:
- Bucks County - 85,540 business professionals
- Allegheny County - 40,110 business professionals
- Cumberland County - 14,290 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 220,000 business professionals will be working in Pennsylvania. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 0%.
business professionals in Pennsylvania make an average of $86,654 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $19,090 per year or as much as more than $166,340 per year in Pennsylvania. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Bucks County - $96,618 per year
- Lancaster County - $87,006 per year
- Warren County - $85,057 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Lackawanna County - $70,092 per year
- Cambria County - $70,923 per year
- Bradford County - $72,477 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $167,860 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $114,160 per year
- Financial Manager - $109,760 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Loan Officer - $57,290 per year
- Credit Counselor - $41,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Business in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Business in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||49,080||$68,610||7.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||8,380||$84,790||-25.5%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||6,070||$98,800||10.6%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||4,540||$83,240||21.7%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,180||$114,160|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Pennsylvania