There are schools offering computer networking courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive computer networking degrees every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 46 computer networking schools put out approximately 895 computer network administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer networking program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 40 students graduated from University of Pennsylvania's computer networking program. University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $40,514 in tuition fees per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer networking program. It is located in Pittsburgh. 55 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer networking program is Temple University. Temple University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, Temple University graduated 0 students from its computer networking programs. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's computer networking schools ranges from $42,136 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,570 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Pittsburgh - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania computer networking schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A computer networking degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a computer network administrator. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 16,780 Pennsylvania computer network administrators as of 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of computer network administrators are:
- Bucks County - 7,740 computer network administrators
- Allegheny County - 3,450 computer network administrators
- Cumberland County - 960 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 16,850. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
On average, computer network administrators earn $74,720 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $84,490 per year
- Allegheny County - $73,130 per year
- Cumberland County - $69,140 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for computer network administrators are:
- Lycoming County - $52,030 per year
- Bedford County - $53,620 per year
- Clarion County - $55,150 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||14,750||$71,840|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Pennsylvania