There are schools offering computer programming courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Pennsylvania students graduate with degrees in computer programming. That means an estimated 86 computer programmers graduate from Pennsylvania's 25 computer programming schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer programming program is Delaware Valley College. Delaware Valley College, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Doylestown. no students graduated with a degree in computer programming from Delaware Valley College in 2010. Delaware Valley College charged in-state students $29,284 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer programming program is Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus. Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in University Park. Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $15,250 in tuition fees per year.
La Salle University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. Tuition at La Salle University was $33,700 per year.
Computer programming schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $9,823 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,700 per year, or as little as $2,700 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- La Salle University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,700 per year
- Delaware Valley College - located in Doylestown, students are charged $29,284 per year
- Gannon University - located in Erie, students are charged $24,582 per year
The computer programming schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
A computer programming degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a computer programmer. In 2010, there were 13,570 computer programmers working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 5,910 computer programmers
- Allegheny County - 3,350 computer programmers
- Cumberland County - 1,240 computer programmers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer programmers is expected to shrink by -15% by 2018. There are projected to be 17,050 computer programmers working in the Pennsylvania then.
A computer programmer in Pennsylvania makes an average of $71,290 per year. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a computer programmer are:
- Bucks County - $78,450 per year
- York County - $75,170 per year
- Bedford County - $73,920 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Bradford County - $53,270 per year
- Erie County - $54,000 per year
- Blair County - $54,660 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||14,750||$71,840|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Pennsylvania