There are schools offering counseling degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Counseling Programs in Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a counseling program. It is located in Philadelphia. 136 students graduated with a degree in counseling from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Students at University of Pennsylvania paid $40,514 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a counseling program is Temple University. Temple University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Temple University counseling program. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Drexel University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a counseling program. It is located in Philadelphia. 57 students graduated with degree in counseling from Drexel University in 2010. Tuition at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
Counseling schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $20,181 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,342 per year, or as little as $2,720 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania counseling schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Villanova University - located in Villanova, students are charged $39,930 per year
The counseling schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus - located in Blue Bell, students are charged $3,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in counseling in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or forensic psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Counseling in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Counseling in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Counseling in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Counseling in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mental Health Counselors||15,740||$37,920||45.7%|
|Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors||11,780||$54,140||-2.2%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||4,840||$66,570||16.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are counseling related jobs in Pennsylvania