There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Pennsylvania graduates receive degrees in crime scene investigation. That means an estimated 192 crime scene investigators graduate from Pennsylvania's 19 crime scene investigation schools each year.
Drexel University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Drexel University's crime scene investigation program. Tuition at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a crime scene investigation program is Duquesne University. Duquesne University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, 32 students graduated from Duquesne University crime scene investigation program. Duquesne University charged in-state students $27,502 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a crime scene investigation program is York College Pennsylvania, which is located in York. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, York College Pennsylvania graduated 6 students from its crime scene investigation programs. York College Pennsylvania charged in-state students $15,140 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's crime scene investigation schools ranges from $34,536 per year to $13,250 per year. But, the average tuition is $23,575 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania crime scene investigation schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Scranton - located in Scranton, students are charged $34,536 per year
- La Salle University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,700 per year
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
The crime scene investigation schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College - located in Erie, students are charged $13,250 per year
- Central Pennsylvania College - located in Summerdale, students are charged $14,400 per year
- York College Pennsylvania - located in York, students are charged $15,140 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of crime scene investigation graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a crime scene investigator. In 2010, there were 3,260 crime scene investigators working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of crime scene investigators work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 1,710 crime scene investigators
- Allegheny County - 610 crime scene investigators
- Cumberland County - 250 crime scene investigators
The government projects that the number of crime scene investigators in Pennsylvania will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,550 crime scene investigators working in Pennsylvania.
On average, crime scene investigators earn $74,510 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania crime scene investigators earned as little as less than $28,110 per year or as much as more than $120,030 per year. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Bucks County - $79,370 per year
- Allegheny County - $74,700 per year
- Berks County - $72,910 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for crime scene investigators are:
- Lycoming County - $48,340 per year
- Adams County - $51,320 per year
- Clarion County - $57,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in crime scene investigation and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||3,260||$74,510||0.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Pennsylvania