There are schools offering criminology degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Criminology Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive criminology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 559 criminologists graduate from Pennsylvania's 14 criminology schools.
University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a criminology program. It is located in Philadelphia. 35 students graduated with a degree in criminology from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Saint Joseph's University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a criminology program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. 134 students graduated with degree in criminology from Saint Joseph's University in 2010. Students at Saint Joseph's University paid $35,230 per year in tuition fees.
Lycoming College, which is located in Williamsport, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a criminology program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Lycoming College graduated 25 students from its criminology programs. The tuition rate at Lycoming College was $30,800 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's criminology schools ranges from $40,514 per year to $7,571 per year. But, the average tuition is $29,556 per year. The Pennsylvania criminology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Villanova University - located in Villanova, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Saint Joseph's University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $35,230 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania criminology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus - located in Indiana, students are charged $7,571 per year
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania - located in Slippery Rock, students are charged $7,666 per year
- Immaculata University - located in Immaculata, students are charged $27,870 per year
A criminology degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of criminology graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a criminologist. Pennsylvania had 230 criminologists in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of criminologists are:
- Bucks County - 210 criminologists
A criminologist in Pennsylvania makes an average of $84,240 per year.
For more data regarding a career in criminology in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or criminal justice, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminology in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminology in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Criminology in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Criminology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Criminology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||4,180||$46,970||19.8%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||3,260||$74,510||0.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminology related jobs in Pennsylvania