There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Pennsylvania students graduate with certificates in dental assisting. Thus, Pennsylvania's 26 dental assistant schools put out approximately 648 dental assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a dental assistant program is Great Lakes Institute of Technology, which is located in Erie. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. In 2010, Great Lakes Institute of Technology graduated 4 students from its dental assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a dental assistant program is Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center, which is located in Altoona. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 7 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a dental assistant program is Delaware Valley Academy of Medical and Dental Assistants, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Delaware Valley Academy of Medical and Dental Assistants dental assistant program. Tuition at Delaware Valley Academy of Medical and Dental Assistants was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,527 per year, though tuition can range from $25,100 per year to $2,700 per year. The Pennsylvania dental assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Feasterville Trevose, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $20,533 per year
- Harcum College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $18,950 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a dental assistant. If you decide to work as a dental assistant in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,800 Pennsylvania dental assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania dental assistants:
- Bucks County - 3,670 dental assistants
- Allegheny County - 2,070 dental assistants
- Warren County - 740 dental assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental assistants is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,100 dental assistants working in the Pennsylvania then.
On average, a dental assistant earns a salary of $31,280 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $17,420 to $49,350 per year in 2010. On average a dental assistant earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Warren County - $33,960 per year
- Bucks County - $33,730 per year
- York County - $33,630 per year
On average, dental assistants earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $24,480 per year
- Cambria County - $25,220 per year
- Clarion County - $25,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,010||$37,250||-33.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania