There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Pennsylvania students graduate with degrees in dental hygiene. That means an estimated 276 dental hygienists graduate from Pennsylvania's 11 dental hygienist schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a dental hygienist program is University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus' dental hygienist program. Students at University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus paid $14,936 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a dental hygienist program is Manor College. Manor College, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Jenkintown. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Manor College dental hygienist program. Manor College charged in-state students $13,238 in tuition fees per year.
Pennsylvania College of Technology, which is located in Williamsport, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Pennsylvania College of Technology dental hygienist program. Students at Pennsylvania College of Technology paid $13,080 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania dental hygienist school, average tuition will be $8,612 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,700 per year to $18,950 per year. The Pennsylvania dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Harcum College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $18,950 per year
- University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $14,936 per year
- Tri-State Business Institute - located in Erie, students are charged $13,800 per year
The following Pennsylvania dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental hygienist graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a dental hygienist. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,290 Pennsylvania dental hygienists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania dental hygienists:
- Bucks County - 2,500 dental hygienists
- Allegheny County - 1,870 dental hygienists
- Warren County - 650 dental hygienists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental hygienists in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 8,550. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
A dental hygienist in Pennsylvania makes an average of $58,230 per year. But, salaries for dental hygienists can vary. In 2010, dental hygienists made as little as less than $35,550 per year or as much as more than $78,870 per year in Pennsylvania. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Berks County - $66,150 per year
- Warren County - $63,820 per year
- Bucks County - $61,300 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bedford County - $48,860 per year
- Blair County - $51,590 per year
- Clarion County - $51,710 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Pennsylvania